Welcome to Mak and Jack

This is a journal that irregularly chronicles the crazy life, mishaps and adventures we have had since shortly before we traveled to Chongqing, China in August of 2006 to adopt our daughter (a sister for Jack,) Makena.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I interrupt this bulletin

I interrupt the usual blogging about my children to remind my dad (pictured with me when I was two) and my sister that, not only did I have a birthday a few days ago, but that I also celebrated my fourteen-year wedding anniversary (a longevity feat by California standards) and that unless the phone lines were down and are still down, I'm wondering why I didn't get a phone call? I don't need gifts. And I understand the concept of saving trees, so I can do without a card, but an e-mail or a message on my voice-mail would have been nice.

And people wonder why I have a birthday complex when it comes to my kids.


Is - getting older by the day

PS this is what happens when your family become blog lurkers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday and anniversary!!!!!!

Gracencameronsmomy said...

Ditto what she said. This is also useful when you forget your Dad's birthday, you can write a quick blog post with cute kids in and your'e done!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Isabelle,
Happy All Good Things, Anniversaries, Birthdays, babies and black belt boys....I have become a very bad friend due to new life & job.
I think of you all often and I miss YOU !!!
Much love,
Juliet xoxox

Isabelle said...

Thank you for the birthday and anniversary wishes. For the record, most of my friends did call and a lot of other friends weren't expected to because I hadn't advertised it.

I know that eventually my family will clue in and remember. In the meantime, I'll try to shake it off.

It just puts you in a weird mood when your two closest relatives aren't just separated from you geographically but emotionally, as well.

This is what happens when you age. You adopt a devil-may-care attitude and become ornery.

Is - feeling better now that I got that off my chest.

More Mak and Jack coming soon.