Welcome to Mak and Jack

This is a journal that irregularly chronicles the crazy life, mishaps and adventures we have had since shortly before we traveled to Chongqing, China in August of 2006 to adopt our daughter (a sister for Jack,) Makena.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Crossover

Today is Makena's "crossover" day. The date that marks the time that she has officially been with our family longer than she was without us. This time last year, I had had several nervous breakdowns from the stress of knowing that there was a little girl somewhere in China who I would soon be a mom to but I didn't know who or where she was. All that changed on June 27 when her picture was faxed to me at the hotel I was staying at in the jungle of Guatemala and then again on August 15, in Chongqing, China, when I could finally lay my hands on her and give her a long awaited hug.

I thought I would post more pictures than words, this time, to show Makena's "evolution" these past nine and a half months. This one was taken while we were still in China. She was nine and a half months old.

Makena (10 months,) attending one, of many, of Jack's soccer games.

Makena (11 months) and her first trip to the cabin.

Makena (almost 12 months old) and her first Halloween.

Still crawling around at thirteen months.

Her first trip to Hawaii at fifteen months.

One of many Little League games at sixteen months.

Loving her bath time at seventeen months.

Another trip to the zoo at eighteen months.

Makena at nineteen months.

Your family loves and adores you, Makena.

Is - proud to be your mother.

No comments: