Welcome to Mak and Jack

This is a journal that irregularly chronicles the crazy life, mishaps and adventures we have had since shortly before we traveled to Chongqing, China in August of 2006 to adopt our daughter (a sister for Jack,) Makena.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sitting pretty

Makena had a playdate with three of her China cousins last week. Seated left to right are, Makena, Emily, Li En and Charlotte.

As much as I have been preoccupied with Makena's behavior lately, getting together with the girls' mothers gave me a lot of perspective, support and not to mention, a reality check. (I am the mother of a two year old!) Some of them are going through a similar situation. The hard part was talking and blogging about it in the first place. Now that I have, I have friends to compare notes with and I don't feel so isolated anymore.

The girls enjoyed themselves and all behaved beautifully (including La Diabla.) Makena and Li En were happy to practice their acrobatic moves. Emily was more shy and Charlotte was very chatty and observant. It was so cute.
Emily and Charlotte were the first to leave so Makena and Li En had the park to themselves. I don't know if the girls remember their adventure at the Long Beach aquarium last year but regardless, they amused each other and had a grand old (exhausting) time.
The plan is to attempt another playdate six weeks from now because that seems to be a goal that we can probably plan for and keep.

I can't wait.

Is - having a walk in the park.

No comments: