Welcome to Mak and Jack

This is a journal that irregularly chronicles the crazy life, mishaps and adventures we have had since shortly before we traveled to Chongqing, China in August of 2006 to adopt our daughter (a sister for Jack,) Makena.

Friday, January 02, 2009

The biggest lugers



We spent Christmas up at the lake house and never, since I left Canada, have I seen so much snow. Our tract of land that runs to the lake was the perfect sledding hill. We spent several days having fun on our little slice of frozen paradise.



(I love this picture of Jack and his banana peel hat.)


Everyone who came to visit could not resist the course we set up. We had to avoid trees, a picnic table, water pipes and the semi-frozen lake. It took some part courage, some part stupidity and a whole lot of luck to avoid calamity. I can -- since I am posting this-- say that we all survived. No one hit anything and no one slid onto the lake or fell through the ice. Not even Tiger who took a couple of strolls on the ice.


Our neighbors viewed our antics with alarm (for about five minutes) until we invited them to have fun (at their own risk) on the course. Their teenagers promptly turned our picnic table at an angle, packed it with snow, and created a ramp that got serious air if you hit it right. I did. Once. That was enough. My body wasn't too forgiving and my chiropractor has been kept busy ever since.

EM shot sideway view of Makena and me going down the course. I couldn't figure out how to rotate the footage so we appear to be going uphill instead of down. Go figure. Any way you look at it, it was ridiculous good fun.



Happy New Year!

Is-a-luger

No comments: