Welcome to Mak and Jack

This is a journal that irregularly chronicles the crazy life, mishaps and adventures we have had since shortly before we traveled to Chongqing, China in August of 2006 to adopt our daughter (a sister for Jack,) Makena.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mia


Seriously, the moment Mia and Makena hooked up (having not seen each other in a year and a half), trying to get them to stand or sit still for a picture was like wrangling cats. The girls are pictured here within seconds of seeing each other again.


Furthermore, Jack could do no wrong with Mia. She was completely charmed by him and stuck to him the entire day we spent together at ... Er...Disney World. The "note to self" I wrote myself got lost in all the moving around. That, combined with my low IQ and short term memory, had me schlepping the kids there to spend quality insane time with them. Mia was tall enough to ride some of the more serious roller coasters (2 inches taller than Makena) and enjoyed every second she was on them. She was a total daredevil. Interestingly, as the day progressed, Makena became more proprietary of Jack, at one point telling Mia, "Jack is MY brother!"


Barbara (Mia's mom) and I must have taken about twenty shots between us trying to get the girls to look in the same direction at the same time with a smile (or even a fake one) on their faces. I gave up.


Sugar kept us going all day (as in, we walked through the gates at 10AM and walked out at 11PM). The party continued at Barbara's hotel, where we crashed, because I (aka mother of the year,) messed up the reservation for this trip and short-changed myself one night's accommodation. Thank goodness for sleeper-couches. The girls were ecstatic to have another few hours to spend together the following morning before we headed off to the airport and home to Southern California.

Of course, it wasn't until I arrived at the airport that I realized that I was wearing the same pair of jeans that I had ripped on the way over -- which embarrassed Jack all over again. Other than that, it was a smooth and tanned getaway.

Is- in need of sugar detox

No comments: