Welcome to Mak and Jack

This is a journal that irregularly chronicles the crazy life, mishaps and adventures we have had since shortly before we traveled to Chongqing, China in August of 2006 to adopt our daughter (a sister for Jack,) Makena.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Ninjas, Part Deux

I mentioned a few posts back that Jack had discovered the show Ninja Warriors on the G4 network. He was never what I can call an "active child" -- but watching this show triggered something in Jack that moved him to start climbing door frames, leap over our bed and rearrange furniture so that we could time him in his acrobatic exploits.

EM and I had talked about getting a jungle gym to give the kids an outlet for their energy. But it wasn't until Jack decided to "traverse" our bathroom shower wall by hanging onto our towel hooks ( in an attempt to recreate the NW cliffhanger) and literally pulled the glass tile off the drywall, that we decided to cough some dinero up for a play structure.
The WHOLE ENTIRE WALL separated yet managed to stay in one piece. It was a miracle that my aqua hued bottle-glass tiles didn't explode and slice Jack up. Boy were we mad, but without further ado, we purchased a play structure (so that junior could take his ninja show outdoors) and it was finally delivered and installed last weekend. Of course, you'd think the kids would have been foaming at the bit to play on it. They decided that the packaging was more intresting and spent the whole morning camping in the boxes with their friend Caelan.



They did finally did turn their attention to the Jungle Gym -- which, I admit, is a bit advance for Mak. She's already taken a header off the slide (she likes to go up the slide and down the ladder) and Jack's first attempt to traverse the monkey bars, saw him get his leg caught in the trapeze which made him fall, dangling.Nevertheless, practice will make perfect and I am one or two CAT scans away from feeling confident that my children will be able to play safely on this gizmo.

Now, all I've got left to do is it to call my tile man and see how much he is going to charge me to fix my bathroom -- I'll add that to the price of the play structure to get the final tally. Gulp.

Is - still a mother to ninjas

No comments: