Welcome to Mak and Jack

This is a journal that irregularly chronicles the crazy life, mishaps and adventures we have had since shortly before we traveled to Chongqing, China in August of 2006 to adopt our daughter (a sister for Jack,) Makena.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

3

Makena turned three on the 28th. We celebrated her birthday by taking her and her friend, Willa, to Disneyland for the day. Jack generously offered to take the day off school to help supervise the girls. I agreed and made him promise not to whine and beg to go on the older kids' rides and he held true to his word. He was awesome and a very much needed extra pair of eyes.



Makena has made me replay this merry-go-round clip and the subsequent two for her about fifty times since her birthday. I figured I should memorialize them in the blog.


Makena loved the Dumbo ride. We waited in line two more times so that she could fly again. I did'nt take her on the "It's A Smal World" because that song drives me crazy and If I hear it twice it stays with me for a month. So Pass.


This clip is funny because Makena accidentally bumps into someone while moving and dancing and then bows, as if apologizing, and then runs into Jack who stands there obliviously devouring a churro.

It was a great day. I think Makena spent all of ten minutes in the stroller, otherwise she was running left and right taking it all in. She had a great day.

Is-a-recovering from the happiest place on earth.

No comments: