Welcome to Mak and Jack

This is a journal that irregularly chronicles the crazy life, mishaps and adventures we have had since shortly before we traveled to Chongqing, China in August of 2006 to adopt our daughter (a sister for Jack,) Makena.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Pink

I'm not quite sure when Makena's love affair with pink began. It crept up on us and has now laid a stranglehold on our world. I think it's karmic payback because I professed too loudly too long that I would never dress my daughter in such a color. For her shower, my friends knew better than to give me pink clothing but then the color snuck into her wardrobe by way of business gifts, hand-me-downs, glitter shoes (thank you Joan) and then the great deals on clothing that I couldn't pass up (I was weak). But the real catalyst for this pink obsession was Pinkalicious, a storybook Makena can't seem to get enough of. She has memorized the first few pages and recites the prose along with me when I read it to her.

She also -- as you well know by now -- has a very stubborn mind of her own and knows what she wants and aims to get it when she desires it. I bought her a new set of crayons and turned my attention elsewhere while she was busy creating. She immersed herself wholeheartedly on paper and on herself! And she pitched a fit when I attempted to intervene with her creative process and suggested that she use other colors.
My bad.

Is-a-pink convert

No comments: