Welcome to Mak and Jack

This is a journal that irregularly chronicles the crazy life, mishaps and adventures we have had since shortly before we traveled to Chongqing, China in August of 2006 to adopt our daughter (a sister for Jack,) Makena.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

In transit at the Guangzhou airport

A quick hello as Jack and I wait to board our flight to Beijing. The airport here is pristine. The flight over went smoothly. Jack was beside himself when the flight attendant offered him cup noodles! Then about an hour and half before we boarded the attendants offered us a choice of Amercian or Chinese breakfast and we both opted for the Chinese. Jack had two bowls of Congee with soy sauce and was again in heaven. We hooked up with a very nice couple from Florida, Barbara and Mike. When we were waiting to go through customs Barbara snapped a picture of me and Jack and almost got her camera confiscated. I wish she had. I didn't have make up on and that picture may be in circulation soon.

We're off to Beijing now.

Isabelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isabelle-
you must be there and, hopefully, sleeping. I can't believe Jack likes congee!!! China just may be his kind of place. Rice, noodles and congee ... thanks for the posts ... joan

Anonymous said...

OK, so I'm sitting here at my new job at National Geographic with mascara running down my face having just snuck in 5 minutes of Mak and Jack blog time for the first time since Sunday....she is gorgeous and you all look so perfect together.
I can't wait to meet her.
Lots and lots of Love from DC.
Juliet xoxox